YouTube Strikes Deals With Music Publishers
June 7, 2012
YouTube yesterday announced that had reached deals with major music publishers including rBMG Rights Management, Christian Copyright Solutions, ABKCO Music, Inc., Songs Music Publishing, Words & Music, Copyright Administration, Music Services, Reservoir Media Management and Songs of Virtual.
The new deals go along with the licenses from the publishers who opted into last year's deal with the NMPA and Harry Fox Agency which will enable YouTube to monetize user generated videos with music. When publishers allow YouTube to run ads alongside user generated videos that incorporate their compositions, then the publishers, the songwriters they represent and the record labels and artists using their compositions each receive a share of their revenue.
YouTube monetization will shortly be available via Ditto Music, and artists will be able to submit their music to the YouTube Content ID System. So stay tuned for an announcement on how you can get started.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!