A Guide to Using Spotify Ads to Promote Your Music
April 27, 2016
People use Spotify for one main reason: they love music. So using Spotify ads to promote your own music ensures that you’re advertising to people actually want to discover new artists, and could make a difference. More people listening to your tracks mean more awareness, which ultimately means more money in your pocket.
Spotify ads make your music appear in front of a massive online community that is actively seeking out new music every day. There are more than 100 million active monthly users on Spotify, over 50 million of which use the free, ad-supported service.
Spotify Ads for Musicians
It's clear why Spotify ads are useful for emerging artists streaming and selling music online, but what type of ads can you use to promote your music?
Audio advertising is a cross-platform format, which includes an audio spot, cover art, and clickable campaign name.
- Appears during commercial ad breaks between songs.
- Spotify displays an ad image and a clickable campaign name.
- No long audioblocks: 30-second ad every 15 minutes.
- Runs on desktop, web, mobile & tablet.
Leaderboard ads in the Spotify player are displayed when the user is interacting with Spotify.
- Display ads are clickable images displayed for 30 seconds.
- No other display ad is shown at the same time as yours.
- Ads are 100% visible and will not serve if Spotify is minimised.
- Leaderboard ads are only displayed on the desktop and web.
Greet Spotify users with an eye-catching screensaver that guarantees 100% viewability.
- Billboard ads are large screensaver images, displayed after 5 minutes of user inactivity outside of Spotify.
- When the user returns, Billboard remains for 2 seconds, then resolves to a Leaderboard with the larger image resized to accompany the Leaderboard.
- Billboards that resolve to Leaderboard will remain on a user's screen for 30 seconds.
- During the 30 seconds, the unit can be re-expanded for a full screen experience with the Billboard and Leaderboard displayed. The user can dismiss the expanded format.
- The user can click on all assets, at all stages.
If you are interested in advertising on Spotify please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Spotify campaigns start at a minimum of $2,000 and you can use all of the types of ads mentioned above.
- Record Label of the Month: Watchman Records
- Top 10 Busking Tips For Street Performers
- 10 Ways To Get More Playlist Followers On Spotify
- How To Crowdfund Your Next Album in 5 Steps
- How to Write a Chorus with a Catchy Hook
- How Independent Record Labels Make Money in 2017
- 10 Cool Band Merch Ideas To Sell at Gigs & Online
- How To Plan a Tour For Your Band