Why You Should Be Using Spotify Ads
April 27, 2015
You already know that people use Spotify for one main reason: they love music. Using Spotify ads to promote your own music ensures that the people you’re advertising to are the people who could actually make a difference. More people listening to your tracks mean more visibility, which ultimately means more money in your pocket.
Spotify ads make your music available to a gigantic online community that is actively seeking out new music every day. There are 60 million subscribers to Spotify, 45 million of which use the free, ad-supported service. If you are interested in advertising on Spotify please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Campaigns start at a minimum of £700 or $1100. Here is a quick guide of the different types of ads we offer.
Audio advertising is a cross-platform format, which includes an audio spot, cover art, and clickable campaign name.
- Served during commercial ad breaks between songs in a music session
- Spotify displays an ad image and a clickable campaign name for users to click on
- No long audioblocks: 30-second ad every 15 minutes
- Runs on desktop, web, mobile & tablet
Leaderboard ads in the Spotify player are served when the user is interacting with Spotify.
- Display ads are clickable images displayed for 30 seconds.
- No other display ad is shown at the same time as yours.
- Ads are 100% visible and will not serve if Spotify is minimized.
- Leaderboard ads are only displayed on the desktop and web
Greet Spotify users with a beautiful screensaver that guarantees 100% viewability.
- Billboard ads are large screensaver images, displayed after 5 minutes of user inactivity outside of Spotify.
- When the user returns, Billboard remains for 2 seconds, then resolves to a Leaderboard with the larger image resized to accompany the Leaderboard.
- Billboards that resolve to Leaderboard will remain on a user's screen for 30 seconds.
- During the 30 seconds, the unit can be re-expanded for a full screen experience with the Billboard and Leaderboard displayed. The user can dismiss the expanded format.
- The user can click on all assets, at all stages.
- How To Get More Spotify Streams as an Unsigned Artist
- How to Create an Electronic Press Kit for Musicians
- 10 Essential Social Media Tips For Musicians and Bands
- Record Label of the Month: Deathly Records
- What license do I need for my music?
- ACM’s Top DIY Music PR Tips
- How Are The Music Charts Calculated?
- How Much Should You Charge For a Gig?