U.S. Tablet Usage hits 'Critical Mass'
June 11, 2012
It's been stated that nearly 1 in 4 Smartphone owners make use of tablet computers according to market researcher ComScore. Tablet use among smartphone owners has more than doubled in the past year, going from 9.7 percent in 2011 to 23.6 percent this year. By comparison, only 10.4 percent of feature phone owners also use a tablet, suggesting that smartphone ownership is highly predictive of tablet adoption.
Mark Donovan, ComScore's senior vice president on mobile said "Tablets are one of the the most rapidly adopted consumer technologies in history and are poised to fundamentally disrupts the way people engage with the digital world both on-th-go and perhaps most notably, in the home,…. It's not surprising to see that once consumers get their hand on their first tablet, they are using them for any number of media habits including TV"
- Ditto Feature Artist: Lake Minnetonka
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin