The Stormzy Story: How DIY Grime Conquered the UK Charts
March 6, 2017
UK grime star Stormzy made history last week when his debut album Gang Signs & Prayer hit number one on the UK album charts.
Stormzy's meteoric rise shows how unsigned artists can make a massive impact on music and push the boundaries of the industry.
Here at Ditto Music, we've helped Stormzy distribute lots of new releases over the years, including Dreamers Diseases, Know Me From, and Wicked Skengman 4, so we're really happy to see what he has achieved.
Stormzy's story is a great example of what's possible for hard-working unsigned artists with the right attitude and plenty of talent. We've tracked Stormzy's incredible career, from his early days posting freestyles to YouTube, to playing live at the Brits with Ed Sheeran and claiming that number one spot on the official charts. Check it out!
This infographic is free-to-use and republish with attribution to www.dittomusic.com
Huge congrats to Stormzy for hitting number one on the Official UK Album Charts! Don't forget to share your love for Stormzy in the comments below!
- How to Write a Chorus with a Catchy Hook
- How Independent Record Labels Make Money in 2017
- 10 Cool Band Merch Ideas To Sell at Gigs & Online
- How To Plan a Tour For Your Band
- Setting Up a Home Recording Studio & When to Hire a Producer
- The Stormzy Story: How DIY Grime Conquered the UK Charts
- How to Write a Record Label Business Plan (Free Template)
- Tips for Touring Australia as a Musician