The Best FREE Band Website Creators
July 29, 2015
You may think in the age of social media that having a band website is a waste of time. But you couldn’t be more wrong, studies still show that official band websites are the main driving force behind fans and sales.
Your official band website should be the centre point of all your collective activity, from blog posts and news to new music and tour dates. It's important to get your official domain name for your website, this makes it easier for fans to remember and for search engines to find you. You can do this for under £10 a year on sites such as; 123Reg, GoDaddy and One.Com.
If you have the budget you could have a web developer to create an outstanding interactive website which is great, but for those of you that maybe can’t do this and haven't dealt with html code since your Myspace page, here are 4 great sites, all with similar features, where you can create your own interactive professional websites for free.
Webstarts is our first recommendation. In their own words, Webstarts “doesn’t limit your creative ability.” Some of the features of a Webstart site are:
- Use of a previous domain name or register a new one on site
- Choose from 100s of changeable templates
- Build forms to capture data from visitors; find where they’re located, their age, gender and email address for better marketing
- Search Engine Optimization; make sure you're found through different search engines
- Create an online store to sell your music and merchandise directly to the fans
- Media integration; embed, photos, music and videos
- Earn money from your site by allowing adverts to be placed around your site and keep 100% of the revenue
Check out Webstarts here
Doomby allows users to create a free website with similar features to that of Webstart but has more focus on creating e-commerce sites, which would allow you as an artist to sell your music and merchandise as well as analyse your statistics. Other features Doomby offer are:
- Press Kits
- Photo slideshows
- Downloadable press releases; for reviews, festivals, etc.
- Integrated MP3 players
- Embed media straight from Youtube and Dailymotion
- Create multi-user management accounts which would allow more than one member of the band to edit and upload content on to the site
Check Out Doomby here
Wix is a very popular and well known free website creator, with over 68,000,000 sites created. Wix has a mixture of features from both Webstart and Doomby such as:
- 100’s of pre designed templates
- Top hosting
- Drag and drop media and content
- 24/7 support
- Search Engine Optimization
- Innovative plugin-ins and add ons
- Create online stores for e-commerce
- Social Media buttons to share, like, tweet content
- Mobile friendly site, for fans who want to access the band through their mobile
- Plus a lot of free content, such as; fonts menus, music etc.
Check out Wix here
Don't forget to look at our guest blog by Electric Kiwi's Ross Barber on 5 festures every band website should have to make sure you're getting the most out of your website!
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!