Temporary Changes to Release Times this Winter
November 2, 2016
The winter season is a popular time of year for releasing music, but temporary changes to upload deadlines and release dates can affect how long it takes for your tracks to go live during the Christmas period.
From November until January, the major online stores including iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify enforce deadlines for uploading your music. Uploading your tracks after the deadlines will delay your release date.
For example, if you want your release to be live on iTunes by November 18th, you'll need to upload your music before November 11th. Here are all of the deadlines and upload dates throughout November and December 2016 and into January 2017:
iTunes & Apple Music Deadlines
Spotify & Google Play Deadlines
If you'd like your music to go live on Spotify or Google Play over the holiday season, make sure to upload it to Ditto by Friday 16th December at the latest, or your release date may be delayed.
Make sure any music videos due to go live on Vevo on or before 4th January 2017 are uploaded to us by December 21st.
This page will be updated with the upload deadlines of any other major stores as soon as we receive the details.
We hope this information will help you to successfully plan your festive releases.
The Ditto Music team
- How To Plan a Tour For Your Band
- Setting Up a Home Recording Studio & When to Hire a Producer
- The Stormzy Story: How DIY Grime Conquered the UK Charts
- How to Write a Record Label Business Plan (Free Template)
- Tips for Touring Australia as a Musician
- How To Get More Spotify Streams as an Unsigned Artist
- How to Create an Electronic Press Kit for Musicians
- 10 Essential Social Media Tips For Musicians and Bands