Spotify founder states that Profitability Is absolutely Not a Priority.
April 16, 2012
Currently Spotify is not profitable and has been running at a loss for years, however according to to recent comments from the companies CEO Daniel Ek, none of that really matters. Daniel Ek told business daily "Dangens Industri":
"The Question of when we'll be profitable actually feels irrelevant. Our focus is all on growth. That is priority one, two, thee, four and five. But of course we expect to make a profit in the long run."
The thought behind this is they will continue to gather funding and investment and use that capital to develop Spotify and have continuing attractive payouts for labels, and triumphs over competitors like Apple.
So far here is an image of Spotify losses since 2008:
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist