Sneak preview into the winners of the Webby Awards
May 1, 2012
Pinterest, Google+, Spotify and Instagram all picked up awards this year at the 16th annual Webby Awards. Although the official results will not be released until 7am ET this morning, we were able to get some information from Mashable (who won best business Blog) about who the winners are so far.
Pinterest gets the Webby for best social media website and Google+ wins the 'People's Voice' for social media. Other winners include Spotify who got the award for music app of the year, while Instagram received the Webby Breakout of the Year.
Bjork, received her first ever Webby for her album Biophilia, and Louis CK won 'Person of the Year' for this $5 online-only video special that netted him over $1million in 12 days.
Other news from the Webby awards include a new award for helping foster social change around the world, which was given to Facebook. Dropbox pick up best web service, as well as best practises and final Epicurious wins best lifestyle website.
All winners will be released later today and the award show itself will be held
on the 21st of May at 4.30 pm EST.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!