Record with Redbull Studios and Play Download Festival!
March 28, 2014
Do you have a video of your band on YouTube? Are you aged between 18-25? A UK resident? Unsigned to a record label? If the answer to all of those questions is 'yes' then this is a competition for you!
Instead of there just being one winner, there are 100 shortlisted bands, 15 of which get to record their music at Red Bull Studios. Eight of these are then able to play the download festival and and there is also a special prize for one band.
Sound good? It is.
Here's how you get involved.
Head to the website here.
To enter, all you have to do is fill in a profile for your band, upload your video to www.redbullstudios.com/download and then get spreading the word to rise up the chart. Simple!
It all kicks off April 1st.
To get to the download festival:
- STAGE 1: UPLOADYou’ve got to be in it to win it so make sure you get your band entered and uploaded early!
- STAGE 2: SPREAD THE WORDOnce you have uploaded your video, it will be monitored and ranked on the chart. This clever chart is designed to measure the amount of hype bands are creating across the web, monitoring Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sources of online activity, however good old fashioned votes are the most powerful source to help your band rise up the chart!The 100 bands at the top of the chart at 5pm on April 21th will go through to the judges.
- STAGE 3: PROFESSIONAL STUDIO EXPERIENCEFrom the top 100 hyped bands, our panel of expert judges (including Download Alumni Don Broco, Kerrang Radio presenter Katie P, Red Bull Records GM Angie Somerside and New music advocate and Radio 1 DJ Huw Stephens) will chose a final 15 to head down to the state of the art Red Bull Studios in London where you will be given a professional studio experience, getting you ready to take to the festival stage.Your time will include:
- Recording a track in the studio with expert producers
- Mentoring from the judging panel
- Professional press shots for your band
- Media training to help you get those headlines... for the right reasons!
- Fender workshops
- STAGE 4: DOWNLOAD FESTIVALOn the 16th May short films of each of the final 15 bands performing at Red Bull Studios will then go back online for the public to decide who they think should make it onto the Red Bull Studios Live stage at Download Festival 2014. Six bands will be decided by the public and two will be chosen as wildcards by the judges.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!