Playing SXSW 2014? Get Your Song Featured by NPR
February 13, 2014
It’s that time of year again! The All Songs Considered Team are about to start the process of listening to around 2000 MP3s by the artists of SXSW Music Festival in Austin, Texas.
They acquire their music from a number of sources, but, every year end up missing something. In the pursuit of music by thousands of bands, hundreds slip past the radar altogether…
The guy’s at NPR have submitted a humble request; that if you are an artist playing SXSW or you represent an artists playing SXSW – especially if you’re not a name likely to be known – Send over ONE of your tracks in MP3 format to represent your sound.
Just follow these official ground rules set in place by the team and you are in with a chance of being picked:
- You must actually be playing SXSW festivities this year. We do listen and look for discoveries year-round, but this project is SXSW specific. Please actually be in town and performing in Austin between March 11 – March 15.
- Please email MP3s – No WMV files or WAVs, please – with a bit rate in the 256 – 320 range.
- Please only send us one song per artist – No zip files with entire albums, please – either as an email attachment or through a service such as Dropbox or Hightail. Links to Soundcloud, YouTube etc. are of no use to us here; as we’re blazing through this stuff on our iPods and car stereos, so we need to be able to take the songs offline.
- Please make sure your songs have appropriate iTunes metadata (artist, song title, album title), and include that information in your email just incase. Please also include an email address and phone number, because if we do wind up using your music in our SXSW coverage, we’re going to ask for your permission before making it available to the public.
- Unfortunately we won’t have time to confirm receipt or otherwise offer follow-ups or feedback. We will listen to it, promise, but we’ll only reach out if we end up using it. We’re only able to cover a tiny fraction of the artists playing the festival, but we do give everything as fair a shot as time allows.
So, where do you send your MP3?
Simply send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use it judiciously, and thank you so much for helping us out. See you at SXSW!
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist
- Get your music featured on The Indie Hitlist