Play Download Festival 2014 - Marshall Ultimate Band Contest
August 8, 2013
Partnering with LickLibrary, Smokehead Whisky and now Ave Satanas, the prize list is impressive. Backline gear, a Marshall endorsement deal, magazine features, and the best of all - a slot at Download Festival 2014.
Complete list of Prizes
- A Slot at Download Festival 2014
- 1 Year Marshall Endorsement deal
- Metal Hammer Feature
- Marshall Custom 4 x 12 Cab – Best Guitarist
- Eden Combo – Best Bassist
- Natal UK Made Snare – Best Drummer
- Marshall Fridge – Best Front Person
- Marshall Headphones
- First things first, you'll need an awesome band video.
- Sign up to the Marshall UBC here and, after accepting the T&Cs, upload your video before the 31st August.
- Now it's time for some shameless self-promotion! Get your video's social media wheels turning, as the amount of "Likes" and Tweets could see your band through to the final 25!
- Only 20 bands will be shortlisted from the public vote so direct everyone you can to the Marshall UBC website to cast their votes.
Marshall UBC is open to any band over the age of 18. Entries will be voted through to a “Top 25 entrants” this will be decided up by a combination of 5 entrants who generate the most social media buzz and the remaining 20 will be the publics highest rated. A panel of official judges will deliberate and announce the top 5 finalists.
How To Vote
Simply register using the link above and start viewing videos. Once you've got your favourite 5 you can start to cast your all-important votes. Be careful, you can only vote once for your top 5 bands/videos…so chose wisely!
Vote scoring is as follows:
- 1st = 5 points
- 2nd = 4 points
- 3rd = 3 points
- 4th = 2 points
- 5th = 1 point
The public vote starts on 4th September and finish on 29th
September 2013. The 20 bands with the highest score on the 29th
September will make it through to the top 25 with the remaining 5 videos
coming from those bands who have generated the greatest social media
Head to this link to sign up: http://marshall.licklibrary.com/enter
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!