Pintest Raising $120 Million to Fund International Expansion
May 17, 2012
Image sharing platform Pinterest is attempting to raise $120 Million to fund an international expansion. With what is their third investment, Pinterest’s valuation has shot up to around $1 – 1.5 Billion.
Reports claim that Japanese commerce giant Raukten is fronting the investment with a pledge of around $50 Million. An investment of this nature would almost certainly see an expansion in the Asian territories where Rautken is so prominent.
Still in Beta, Pinterest has enjoyed enormous popularity in the UK and USA but has made little progress elsewhere. As the site calls for new translators international expansion is the aim of this new investment.Check out or previous blog on Pinterest here. What do you think of the site? Can it achieve global success to the same scale as Facebook and Twitter? Let us know below.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!