Official Charts Company Launch Indie Record Store Chart
April 19, 2012
The Official Charts Company have announced new weekly chart for the biggest selling releases from independent record shops. With Record Store Day coming up this weekend (21st April), this will give record stores more cause for optimism.
The new chart will draw more attention to Independent Record Stores, quashing the popular myth that they are rapidly dying out. The music buying public still love Independent Record Stores and this chart, alongside Record Store Day looks to demonstrate that.
In an interview with CMU, the OCC Managing Director Martin Talbot suggested that “Independent record shops are more important than ever in helping introduce music fans to new, interesting music…and (the chart) will give a true representation of physical sales across all the indie stores up and down the country”.
Check out the full article on the CMU website here.Follow @dittomusic
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!