Mobo Wants Unsigned Bands from the UK
July 25, 2013
If you're an artist with a video of yourself or your band performing gospel, jazz, RnB, soul, reggae, hip hop or grime music, MOBO is looking for you.
- exposure on MOBO.com
- live-feeds to millions of mobile devices around the world
- a chance to perform at this year's MOBO nominations launch in September
- a HTC phone
- a music video directed by Sebastian Thiel
- a one year membership to exclusive members club The Hospital in London
Before August 9, you will need to submit a video of yourself performing to http://bit.ly/15IoT4y. This can be of the gospel, jazz, RnB, soul, reggae, hip hop or grime music variety.
MOBO will then choose six finalists from six different UK regions who will progress to the next stage. The second tier will ask the promising artists to perform a cover of a MOBO classic hit (on offer, a choice of ten songs) from the last 18 years. These covers will be uploaded to the MOBO YouTube channel, which is great exposure for these finalists.
After this, the decision is 50% up to the public, and 50% up to a panel of music specialists. The public will be viewing the finalists's tracks via YouTube, so the potential exposure is limitless,
This competition is presented by HTC, and runs from July 24th to August 30th.
To check out the MOBO website head here: http://www.mobo.com/unsung2013
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!