Jimi Hendrix's estate say bio-film with Andre 3000 is false
May 11, 2012
Jimi Hendrix's estate has today denied reports that a biographical film about the guitarist's life is in pre-production. This comes just days after it was reported that OutKast's Andre 3000 was set to be the actor portraying Hendrix in the new Hollywood biopic called 'All Is by My Side.'
Experience Hendrix, LLC issued this statement to Billboard:
"…the family-owned company entrusted with safeguarding the legacy of Jimi Hendrix and administrator of the Jimi Hendrix music and publishing catalog has made it known many times in the past that no such film, were it to include original music or copyrights created by Jimi Hendrix, can be undertaken without its full participation"
However Janie Hendrix, who runs Jimi's estate mentioned that they are not totally against the film, but "producing partners would, out of necessity, have to involve the company from the inception of any such film project."
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist