How to Prepare Video Content for VEVO
August 3, 2015
VEVO are accepting Ditto content on a daily basis and we want to make sure all our artists get the opportunity to capitalise on Youtube and other video streaming revenue. There are specific guidelines that must be followed when you submit video content so we've written this handy list to make sure your video is uploaded without a hitch.
Make sure your video is:
- Full HD
- Video Compression Type: H.264
- File Format: .mov or .mp4
- Dimensions: 1920x1080 (preferred) or 1280x720
- Frame Rate: Native (No less than 23.98)
- Quality: High (QT)
- Bit Rate: Unrestricted (Minimum 7500 kb/s, if necessary)
- File must be de-Interlaced (Please, No Interlacing)
- Multi-pass encoding is preferred, Single-pass encoding isn’t
Also please ensure the audio in the video is formatted to AAVC, in stereo (L R), has a sample rate of 44.100 kHz and has a Bit Rate of 320 kbps CBR.
Avoid any of the following:
Raw, unedited webcam, flip cam or iPhone footage, even if it's HD. Improperly lit or mic'd video footage and user generated content will not be accepted for VEVO either.
So follow these guidelines and you will have your music up on VEVO in no time. If you have not filled out an application yet please do so:
- Record Label of the Month: Deathly Records
- What license do I need for my music?
- ACM’s Top DIY Music PR Tips
- How Are The Music Charts Calculated?
- How Much Should You Charge For a Gig?
- Live Performance Tips To Help You Put On a Great Show
- Record Label of the Month: Rooftop Records
- Why Education is More Important Than Ever in Today’s Music Industry