How To Get Your Music on Tidal
March 31, 2015
March 30th was an important day for the music industry, as an all-star cast came together to launch Jay Z’s new artist-owned music streaming service Tidal. We’re proud to announce that we’ll be distributing music to Tidal starting April 1st.
Tidal is a subscription-based streaming service that was launched last October, and counts more than half a million subscribers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Poland. It is a high quality audio music-streaming platform that offers more than 25 million songs, along with over 75,000 high-definition music videos. Jay Z recently bought Tidal, and with this move, aims to give artists an opportunity to further promote their music. He claims his intent is to preserve music's importance and to re-establish its value.
At Ditto Music, we are always looking for the best opportunities for our artists, which is why we were extremely excited to hear about Tidal’s re-launch this week. Starting tomorrow, April 1st, we will be the first distributor to distribute independent music to Tidal. We love Jay Z’s philosophy of showing respect for music and the artists who make it, and couldn’t be happier to be a part of it.
To distribute your music to TIDAL select the Streaming Plus package when choosing which stores to distribute your release to. If you want to upgrade any previous releases to appear on Tidal select upgrade in your release dashboard and choose the streaming plus package.
- How To Plan a Tour For Your Band
- Setting Up a Home Recording Studio & When to Hire a Producer
- The Stormzy Story: How DIY Grime Conquered the UK Charts
- How to Write a Record Label Business Plan (Free Template)
- Tips for Touring Australia as a Musician
- How To Get More Spotify Streams as an Unsigned Artist
- How to Create an Electronic Press Kit for Musicians
- 10 Essential Social Media Tips For Musicians and Bands