How To Get A Spotify 'Listen' Button On Your Facebook Page
August 3, 2015
We are frequently asked how artists can get the Spotify 'Listen' button on their band or artist Facebook Pages. A Listen button on Facebook can help you retain fans who interact with your page, and allow them check out to your entire catalogue on Spotify with just one click. Here's how you can go about getting yourself this great feature on your profile.
According to Facebook, Pages applying for the Listen button must have at least 5000 likes. However, there have been cases where this rule has been bent.
There's no guarantee you will get the 'Listen' button if you have under 5000 likes, but it's worth trying anyway, right? They also require that you are the official representative of the band or artist, which will most likely be the case, so don't ask your mate Terry to submit it on your behalf. Oh, and you've got to have music already on Spotify...obviously!
So, meet do you that criteria? Then just follow these steps:
Apply for the Facebook Listen button
1. Go to your Facebook Page and open the 'Admin Panel (above your cover photo)
2. Click 'Help'
3. Select 'Get More Features'
4. Confirm you are a representative of the band or artist
5. Click 'Submit'
From here a Facebook will review your request. Once it is approved you will be able to edit the Music Catalogues on your Facebook Page.
Add the button
1. Open the 'Admin Panel'
2. Click 'Edit Page'
3. Select 'Update Info'
4. In the left sidebar select 'Music'
5. From here you can add or remove links to your music catalogues on Spotify as well as some other supported music services.
Follow these simple steps and soon enough your fans will be able to listen to the music you have on Spotify straight from your Facebook Page.
Please note: Facebook sometimes changes or removes call-to-action features, which may offer only limited availability to buttons like this. If this method doesn't work for you, please contact Facebook support directly for more information.
- Is It Worth Playing Open Mic Nights?
- 10 Must-Have Apps for Musicians and Bands
- How to Make Beats: The Basics
- How to reach more fans with your Facebook band page
- How to Record Drums on a Budget
- Making a Music Video: How to Commission a Director
- A Beginners Guide To Mixing & Mastering Music
- Meet the Band Managers: A Guide to Music Management