Hackers steal Michael Jackson's entire back catalogue
March 5, 2012
Sony Music may have paid Michael Jackson's estate £158 million in 2010 but they should well have been advised to spend a little bit more on the security of the recordings if reports in The Sunday Times are correct.
They reported over the weekend that the late singer's entire back catalogue, which includes unreleased material from sessions for 'Bad', 'Off The Wall' and 'Thriller', has been stolen by computer hackers.
Sony themselves have not commented on the leak but a source told The Sunday times: "Everything Sony purchased from the Michael Jackson estate was compromised. It caused them to check their systems and they found the breach. There was a degree of sophistication. Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap".
The first influx of unreleased tracks were released by Sony at the end of 2010 with the posthumous album 'Michael'. Last month saw reports emerge that Jackson's daughter, Paris, had told a friend online that it wasn't her father singing on the tracks. However, she took to Twitter to clear up the rumours, stating "People should know by now not to believe the media when it comes down to TMZ talking about my family. 'Hold My Hand' IS my dad actually singing."
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist