Gozzy Rock 2014 Applications Open!
June 12, 2014
(original article taken from: http://thehive.net.au/gozzy-rock-application/ ) GOZZY ROCK is the City of Gosnells’ Annual Contemporary Music Competition, which promotes original Music from emerging bands all over Western Australia. Entries are open to WA bands / performers on any style or genre. Gozzy Rock was established in 1986 to promote original music and give unsigned bands and artists a chance to break into the music industry
Gozzy Rock 2014
Gozzy Rock has undergone a few changes to make it more viable as we move Gozzy Rock into the future.
- Skills development workshops
- Online entries
- Free to enter (conditions apply*)
- More of a focus on the music, skills development and networking opportunities
- Moving it from February to August and locating it at The Don Russell Performing Arts Centre
Is my band eligible?
- Entries are open to Western Australian bands of any style.
- At least one band member must be aged 25 or under
The following conditions apply:
- All your music must be original
- Are unsigned
- Havent been a major winner (first or second place) from a previous year
- Must be available to perform at all performance dates as detailed below.
- Must be available to assist in promotion of Gozzy Rock through media coverage, interviews and advertising.
Important dates for Gozzy Rock 2014
- Entries open on the 9 June and close on the 31 July
- Development Workshops Thursday 03, 10,17 and 24 July
- The heat is on Sunday 17 August 2014, 12pm to 7pm
- The Final is on Saturday 23 August 2014, 4pm to 8pm
* Gozzy Rock is free to enter but if your band is successful and makes it through to the Heats a full payment of the $25 entry is applicable, Entry fee is non-refundable For more information and to apply, head here: http://thehive.net.au/gozzy-rock-application/
- Ditto Feature Artist: Lake Minnetonka
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin