Google Play launches in Europe... is there any point?
November 9, 2012
Google Play, the Android equivalent of iTunes, announces European launch date.
After the less than spectacular launch of Google Play in the United States, today Google announced it's plan to launch in Europe. On November 13, Google TV customers in the United Kingdom, France and Germany will be able to use their enabled TVs and Android devices to download music, movies and TV shows. Google also hinted at the service being expanded to additional countries:
An earlier post (that has since been deleted) hinted at the service also launching in Canada and Australia. Though this may be disappointing to some, it indicates that Google Play is going to continue to expand in those countries and many more in the near future.
"We're sorry for an earlier post that said we're launching in more countries on 11/13, but stay tunes as we're bringing Google Play to new countries all the time."
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist