GLASTONBURY. Want to Play the Main Stage?
January 15, 2014
Pretty much every musician on Earth has heard of Glastonbury.
One of the largest, most heralded music festivals in the world, Glastonbury is now accepting
artist applications for it's Emerging Talent Competition of 2014.
The winner gets to play the main stage at the festival which takes place from June 25 - 29. Pretty amazing, once-in-a-lifetime prize, right?
Here's how you enter.
Between January 20 - 27, you need to supply a link to a song on SoundCloud, as well as video footage of a live performance. A panel of 40 will then compile a longlist of 120 acts, which will then be trimmed down to an 8 band shortlist. These 8 bands will play a live showcase in April, which will determine the winning act.
Previous winners include Stornoway, Scouting For Girls, Treetop Flyers, the Golden Silvers, Ellen and the Escapades, The Subways and in 2013, Bridie Jackson and the Arbour.
For full details on how to enter, visit glastonburyfestivals.co.uk.
Bands for this year include Arcade Fire, Lily Allen, and rumours of Fleetwood Mac.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!