Get Your Music on BBC Introducing
March 22, 2013
You’ve heard of BBC Introducing, right? Of course you have. Since its inception a few years ago, BBC Introducing have been instrumental in breaking new acts across all genres, up and down the country.
With stages at a ton of UK festivals, including Reading and Leeds, TV shows and dedicated Radio 1 slots, they have provided a platform for hundreds of new artists to step up to that next level. And the best bit? It’s much, much easier to get on there than you think.
Many of you will have some experience with BBC Introducing already, both regionally and nationally. To those of you that haven’t, here is what you need to do:
- Head over to http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/introducing/uploader/ and create a BBC id (takes a few seconds)
- Create your artist profile. Remember - try to be unique. Don’t speak in the third person, be concise and don’t, under any circumstances call yourselves Gamechangers.
- Upload your tracks. There is a limit of three songs per account, so choose wisely. Treat it like an audition. Bear in mind that most BBC Introducing shows are aired pre-watershed too, so if you’re effing and blinding over all your tracks then you will be reducing your chances of getting played.
- That’s it! Your music will be considered for BBC Introducing shows across national Radio, TV and even festivals. Keep checking in, where you can see if your tracks have been listened too yet. If they have been and you’ve still had no response, replace them.
Ed Sheeran, Florence and The Machine, Django Django, Toddla T and Everything Everything all launched their careers with the help of BBC Introducing. There’s no reason why you can’t too.
Check out this BBC Introducing Masterclass video from last year:
- How To Plan a Tour For Your Band
- Setting Up a Home Recording Studio & When to Hire a Producer
- The Stormzy Story: How DIY Grime Conquered the UK Charts
- How to Write a Record Label Business Plan (Free Template)
- Tips for Touring Australia as a Musician
- How To Get More Spotify Streams as an Unsigned Artist
- How to Create an Electronic Press Kit for Musicians
- 10 Essential Social Media Tips For Musicians and Bands