Gawurra Dominates The National Indigenous Music Awards
August 12, 2016
Ditto-distributed artist Gawurra, was the big winner at the 2016 National Indigenous Music Awards, taking home a total of 4 awards.
Ditto Music would like to congratulate Gawurra on his latest win in what has been an incredible year for him. With wins at the MusicNT awards and now at NIMA, he continues to build a name for himself in the Aus music landscape.
Gawurra took out the album of the year, new talent of the year, cover art and film clip awards, and also performed on the night.
Other winners included Gurrumul Yunupingu who took out Artist of the Year, Song of the Year went to Briggs for 'The Children Came Back', Ishmael Marika won the traditional song of the year category, while Kutcha Edwards was this year's Hall of Famer.
The NIMAs are the Grammy Awards of Australian Indigenous music, shining a spotlight on the many incredible Indigenous artists we have in this country. The annual event is held in Darwin's historic Amphitheatre.
Gawurra will be appearing at this year's BIGSOUND where he's sure to be one of the big highlights of the event!
Watch Gawarra's award winning film clip here:
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!