First Independent Record Store Chart Revealed
April 24, 2012
The results for the first Independent Record Store Chart have been revealed.
Last week, the Official Charts Company launched the first official Independent Record Store Chart, ranking the top selling albums in indie record stores across the country.
Alabama Shakes’ Boys & Girls has come out on top, with the likes of Adele and Lana Del Rey inevitably following in the top ten.
OCC Managing Director Martin Talbot told CMU that "the fact that there are also places for established acts such as Adele, Lana Del Rey and Graham Coxon underlines the catholic tastes represented by independent stores”, in an attempt to quash any High Fidelity driven stereotypes of snobby record store patrons.
Here’s the top ten in full:
1 Alabama Shakes – Boys & Girls
2 Adele – 21
3 Trembling Bells – The Marble Downs
4 Graham Coxon – A&E
5 M Ward – A Wasteland Companion
6 Lana Del Rey – Born To Die
7 Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun – Death
8 The Black Keys – El Camino
9 Dr John – Locked Down
10 The Shins – Port Of Morrow
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist