First Independent Record Store Chart Revealed
April 24, 2012
The results for the first Independent Record Store Chart have been revealed.
Last week, the Official Charts Company launched the first official Independent Record Store Chart, ranking the top selling albums in indie record stores across the country.
Alabama Shakes’ Boys & Girls has come out on top, with the likes of Adele and Lana Del Rey inevitably following in the top ten.
OCC Managing Director Martin Talbot told CMU that "the fact that there are also places for established acts such as Adele, Lana Del Rey and Graham Coxon underlines the catholic tastes represented by independent stores”, in an attempt to quash any High Fidelity driven stereotypes of snobby record store patrons.
Here’s the top ten in full:
1 Alabama Shakes – Boys & Girls
2 Adele – 21
3 Trembling Bells – The Marble Downs
4 Graham Coxon – A&E
5 M Ward – A Wasteland Companion
6 Lana Del Rey – Born To Die
7 Jim Lockey And The Solemn Sun – Death
8 The Black Keys – El Camino
9 Dr John – Locked Down
10 The Shins – Port Of Morrow
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!