Enter Your Band In Triple J Unearthed High For 2014
May 27, 2014
In its 7th year, triple j Unearthed High is again on the lookout for the best music acts from high schools across Australia.
The winning artist(s) will be flown to triple j’s studios where they will work with the j’s music producers and then played on the station. Triple j will also organise a free concert at their school, featuring the winning act and headlined by Aussie hip-hopper Seth Sentry. Bands, songwriters, MCs and producers are all invited to submit an original track to the Unearthed website by July 21, 2014. Then, all you need to do is select your school year and which school you attend on your artist page (full terms and conditions listed below). Triple j has always prided itself on finding the best in new and local talent, and Unearthed High definitely encapsulates this ethos. Past winners include young-female hard rock act, Stonefield, dream-poppers, Snakadaktal, and last year’s winners, Lunatics On Pogosticks. If you want to be amongst these great names, jump on the triple j Unearthed website and upload your tune! Alternatively, head on over to the Unearthed High competition page for more info!
Prize Pool Includes
• A special lunchtime performance at the winning high school by the winning band or artist, and Seth Sentry • triple j presenter/s to MC the performance • An opportunity to record a track with triple j music engineers in triple j’s studios • Airfares from nearest capital city to triple j studios for band members and one guardian • Accommodation for band members and one guardian during recording Total prize value estimated at $5000
Unearthed High Terms & Conditions
Taken from the triple j Unearthed website The Unearthed Artist Agreement and General Competition terms and conditions apply to this competition. This competition starts 8am AEST on Thursday 22th May 2014 and closes at midnight AEST Monday 21st July 2014. To enter the competition, you must have created an artist profile on triplejunearthed.com and have signed the artist agreement; have at least 50% of your band currently attending high school; produce an audio recording of an original song and upload it to the Unearthed site by the closing date. The finalists and the winner will be chosen by a panel of triple j experts. We will be choosing one national winner. The winner will be selected based on the quality of song writing, musicianship and the potential to benefit from a recording of a track. The finalists must receive permission from their principal to hold a lunchtime concert at their school during the week commencing August 25th 2014. The finalists will be announced on Tuesday 5th August 2014. The winners will be announced in accordance with the General Terms & Conditions on Friday 15th August 2014. A winning band or artist who ordinarily resides in the city where the recording will take place is not eligible to win the Accommodation and Airfares.
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist