Ditto Artist Lisa Salvo Shortlisted For Vanda and Young Song Competition
November 26, 2014
APRA/AMCOS have announced a shortlist of 50 artists for their annual Vanda and Young Song Completion and our own Lisa Salvo is among the shortlisted artists.
Lisa only released her debut album ‘I Could Have Been A Castle’, in the last few months, so it’s great to see her gaining some well-deserved traction. She was nominated for her glorious tune ‘Lullaby’ which has quite an eerie clip to go with it.
“Very pleased to have been shortlisted for the APRA/AMCOS Vanda and Young Song Competition for 'Lullaby'. I am not going to think about that prize money for even one more second. (So much money, 49 in 50 chance of NOT winning the money)” said Salvo.
The award started back in 2009 as a collaboration between independent music company, Alberts, and APRA/AMCOS. The award aims to support local artists while also raising money for Nordoff Robbins, a not-for-profit organisation that provides clinical music therapy programs as well as undertaking a number of community music programs.
Make sure you pick up a copy of Lisa Salvo’s debut album ‘I Could Have Been A Castle’ on iTunes.
Watch: Lisa Salvo - Lullaby
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!