Digital Album sales exceed the 100 Million mark in the UK
August 7, 2012
Tweet Adele, Ed Sheeran and Lady Gaga lead the way as the 3 biggest selling digital albums in the UK as the 100 Million download mark is passed this week.
Going on data from the Official Charts Company, this milestone of 100 Million took just over 6 years to achieve since official sales of digital records began in 2006. However, while it took 6 years to hit the 100 million figure, it is just 2 years since news broke that the 50 million figure was surpassed, testament to the ever increasing amount of music being purchased online in digital retailers with the weekly average of digital album download sales being approximately 500,000.
Here is the full run-down of the Top 10 best selling digital albums in the UK.
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House