Changes to PRS for Music Commission Rates
March 23, 2012
The PRS for Music are a UK based company that collect money for song writers. They ensure a percentage of money made from music is returned to the composer and creators get paid for:
- Radio Play
- Live Performance
- Content Licensing
- A percentage of record sales
For example if your physical CD sells for £10. The PRS for Music will collect 80p for the song writer. They then take a commission of this and return you the rest. However we have heard today that they will increase this commission as of 1st of October 2012.
For digital media the commission will increase from 7.5% to 8.5%
For physical media the commission will increase to approximately 12.5%
This increase will be reviewed again on the 31st of December 2013, where it may increase or decrease.
If you have any further question about this please do not hesitate to the PRS of Music directly.
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House