Aussie Bands! Want to play in New York? AIR, Sounds Australia and PPCA can get you there!
March 21, 2014
(original article here at the AIR website) AIR, Sounds Australia and the PPCA are now seeking expressions of interest from Australian independent labels to take part in a delegation to the American Association of Independent Music’s (A2IM’s) Indie Week 2014 in New York City this June. Last year a 10 member Australian delegation attended the invite-only conference for indie labels; networking and dealing with some of the world’s most iconic, forward-thinking and successful independent music companies. That first mission was an unqualified success and we’re delighted to be offering the opportunity again. Indie Week has a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital revenue streams. We believe it has the potential to become one of the most important market-places for labels on the international calendar. This year we are also excited to announce that participants in the label mission will also be invited to take part in a networking event with music supervisors and synchronisation companies in Los Angeles, hosted by Sounds Australia. Due to this limited capacity we ask all interested parties to show an expression of interest by filling out this survey – it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete. CLICK HERE TO APPLY PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE ON MONDAY 28TH OF MARCH Draft Time Table for 2014 Indie Labels Mission Friday 13th June @ Wonderland Park Ave Los Angeles SYNC AUSTRALIA: A Sounds Australia Production An invitation only opportunity for Australian labels, artists, managers and publishers to meet in person with LA based Music Supervisors and those working in film and television licensing. Monday 16th June Delegation meeting with YouTube content partnership team based in New York Delegation meeting with marketing and label partnerships team at Spotify New York Tuesday 17th June Delegation meeting with Pandora Indie Week Conference Begins @ Tribeca Grand Executive One on Ones focused on data management, licensing and sync VIP Reception hosted by Sounds Australia and the Australian Consulate in New York Wednesday 18th June Delegation meeting with Rdio marketing team in New York Indie Label Conference Continues @ Tribeca Grand Executive One on Ones focused on digital revenues and marketing @ Tribeca Grand Thursday 19th June Delegation meeting with Next Big Sound Libera Awards – American Association of Independent Music Awards Indie Week 2013 featured:
- 600+ independent label executives, predominantly from North America
- Delegations of labels from China, Canada and the UK as well as delegates from France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, New Zealand and Japan
- The 2013 American Independent Music Awards – “The Libera Awards”
- Extensive executive one-on-one networking featuring labels, digital services and music supervisors from TV, film and advertising
- Panels on video monetization, partnering with brands
- The development of an independent music “road-map” for best practice amongst indie labels worldwide
- Board meetings for WIN (Worldwide Independent Network) and MERLIN.
- Sounds Australia and the PPCA’s sponsorship of Indie Week 2014 will cover conference registration for small group of delegates, participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking, VIP Reception and the Sync Australia event in LA.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- A2IM’s Indie Week 2013 is an “invitation only” event and not open to the general public.
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
- Preference will be given to participants who are able to commit to the majority of engagements organised by AIR and Sounds Australia
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist