Apply To Play The Glastonbury Festival
January 18, 2013
Glastonbury Festival's EMERGING TALENT COMPETITION 2013 will give new, unsigned artists from the UK and Ireland the chance to compete for a main stage slot at this year's Glastonbury. Previous winners include Stornoway, Scouting For Girls,and the Subways.
The last contest, in 2011, was won by Ditto Music artist Treetop Flyers who have gone on to great things since. Be the next winner, all you have to do is apply.
Acts will be able to enter FOR ONE WEEK ONLY from 9am on Thursday 17th January until 5pm on Thursday 24th January. Entries to ETC2013 are free. To enter, acts will simply need to supply Glastonbury with a link to listen to one of their songs online (on YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, etc). The entry form will be on the official Glastonbury website.
Once the entries are in, a panel of 40 of the UK's best music bloggers will help compile a longlist of 120 acts. The longlist will then be whittled down to a shortlist of eight artists by judges including Glastonbury organisers Michael and Emily Eavis, before the live finals in Pilton in April decides the winning act.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!