Apple to abandon iTunes Ping
June 13, 2012
Having launched in September 2010, it perhaps comes as a surprise that Apple have waited nearly 2 years to acknowledge iTunes Ping hasn't worked on the grand scale they had hoped it would.
Apple announced that come its next software release, scheduled for the Autumn, Ping will not be a part of it and they will instead focus their social network offering through newly established partnerships with Twitter and Facebook, where they will undoubtedly fair better at increasing the social interaction in appealing to their audience.
CEO Tim Cook confirmed "We tried Ping and I think the customer voted and said "This isn't something that I want to put a lot of energy into.""
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!