A Quarter of Instagram’s Top Accounts are Musicians
October 7, 2015
The boss of Instagram has revealed that 25% of the most followed accounts on the platform are from the music industry, predominantly made up by singers and musicians.
Instagram’s official music account @music was launched in April and has build nearly half a million followers, with the aim of unearthing talents within the music industry.
CEO of Instagram, Kevin Systrom, told the BBC: "Instagram's all about finding the unknown photographer or that little gem and we started doing that with music... I think it's been very successful so far.”
"We realised there's this whole community of interesting bands and musicians on Instagram so that's what the account is all about."
Systrom added: "it's just a matter of time before music becomes even more dominant" on the app.
Check out our 10 Top Instagram Tips for Musicians.
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!