A Quarter of Instagram’s Top Accounts are Musicians
October 7, 2015
The boss of Instagram has revealed that 25% of the most followed accounts on the platform are from the music industry, predominantly made up by singers and musicians.
Instagram’s official music account @music was launched in April and has build nearly half a million followers, with the aim of unearthing talents within the music industry.
CEO of Instagram, Kevin Systrom, told the BBC: "Instagram's all about finding the unknown photographer or that little gem and we started doing that with music... I think it's been very successful so far.”
"We realised there's this whole community of interesting bands and musicians on Instagram so that's what the account is all about."
Systrom added: "it's just a matter of time before music becomes even more dominant" on the app.
Check out our 10 Top Instagram Tips for Musicians.
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!
- SAIN Interview: Meet the Artist Making Independent Hip-Hop in Dubai
- Online Conference: Music Launch Summit
- BIGSOUND 2016 Wrap Up
- Featured Artist: Paper House
- Get your music featured on a Ditto Music Spotify Playlist