5 Things You Must Do When Submitting Your Music to Blogs
September 5, 2013
Here is how.
1. Make sure you are submitting your music to a blog that often features a similar kind of music. Basic, right? But make sure you research, and only submit if you are positive there's a good chance they might feature it. Think if you just blast out a thousand generic emails you'll get played? Well - maybe you will. But you'll also annoy a lot of people who may have actually liked your music had they listened.
2. FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES. They will be on the site. Read them. Follow them.
4. Make sure you have decent spelling, grammar and punctuation so the blogger can understand you. Music bloggers are usually professional writers. They will notice if you have a million spelling mistakes. This doesn't necessarily mean they will disregard you entirely, but they might. It shows a lack of professionalism, so get a friend or band mate to help check.
5. Include links to your social media and music. Instead of clogging up someone's inbox with huge files, or making them download things, just send a link. Easy. Make sure they work though..
- Ditto Music Joins The Face The Music Line-up
- How to View Your Spotify Analytics using Fan Insights
- Aussie Featured Artists For October
- How to get verified on Twitter as a musician
- 10 tips for successful music collaboration
- Aus Opp: Apply For The Unified Grant
- Interview With Mcrobin
- Get Your Music Featured on the Australian Hitlist!